Philip Rosedale, Founder of Second Life and High Fidelity.
- Founder of Second Life and High Fidelity Inc.
- Second Life is a virtual world, and in his current work, he wants to continue to build a digital version of everything
- Internet interactions moving towards connecting people in a better way
- High Fidelity focuses on how to use technology to decrease the latency between people in online conversations
- Improving avatar conversations to show real communication movements to make it more similar to face-to-face conversations
- Building Second Life: wanted to create a big empty space where people could come and build things together
- Always had entrepreneurial skills, and waited to start Second Life when the technology was good enough to create this virtual world
- It took years for people’s use of Second Life to evolve and set off, so expect projects to need to take time to take off, and may take a lot of money