Mike Del Ponte – Co-founder of SomaWater
Starting up SomaWater
- Started with an “Oops” which led to an “Aha!”
- During a dinner party at Mike’s home, a friend asked for a glass of water, Mike walked into the kitchen, opened his fridge, and grabbed his “leading brand” water filter pitcher.
- As he looked at the cheap plastic container he saw there were black specks floating in the water and knew he couldn’t place it on his nicely set dinner table. So he decided to pour the filtered water into a glass wine decanter.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), the lid of the water pitcher fell off, causing water to gush all over the kitchen floor. Just then, Mike’s friend came into the kitchen to check out the mess.
Someone asked “Why can’t someone create a water filter that’s beautifully designed, easy to use, and made of sustainable materials?”
- With that, Mike answered, “Why don’t we do it!” and the rest as they say is history.
Mike’s 3 questions to ask yourself if you want to find your calling
- What brings me joy?
- What am I best at?
- What does the world need?
Mike’s morning ritual
- Mike makes a list at the beginning of the day around these three things: physical, mental and emotional.
- Goes through a 2-hour morning routine. The most important thing being to feel refreshed and organized.
- Mike’s morning routine includes: consistent morning meditation, exercise and eating a balanced breakfast.