Hiten Shah, Co-founder of KISSMetrics
- Online entrepreneur for over a decade
- Father raised his from the age of 5 to 1. be an entrepreneur, 2. get married early, 3. have a kid early
- When you’re an entrepreneur, you don’t have an artificial cap on how much money you make for the amount of time you work.
- His father was an anesthesiologist who made a lot of money working with entrepreneurial hours.
- Hiten’s father taught him to look at the world in a way that helps him make connections in a way other people may not see them. His father taught him not with rules, but stories/ideas/examples of what he has done. Communicating with a story is more interesting and compelling than trying to teach someone only with the conclusion.
- His father only did work when it was the hardest work he could do (work that no one else could do), and recognizing when other people can do the work.
- Hiten’s goal is to not do any work–believes that there’s someone in his company who can do jobs better than he can. Optimizing his time so that he can spend it solving problems that nobody else can or for helping others.
- If there’s a problem, you won’t be judged;if there’s a problem, you can solve it together.
- People tend to do the things they love the most.
- Enjoys predicting what people will do next and observing.
- Sales: if your product isn’t valuable to that person, you can’t sell it to them; it won’t work. Bringing value to the table is what helps sell.
- Words by which Hiten lives his life: “You will get all you want in life if you help other people get what they want.” -Zig Ziglar
- With mentoring/helping others: asks himself how he can talk to others in a way that will best help them, without thinking about himself.
- Loves watching things grow: you see it, you tweak it, and you watch it grow. Applies both to plants and young entrepreneurs.